Nuts & Bolts of Applying
- Eligibility requirements for Peace Corps service
- U.S. citizen.
- Minimum age of 18 years (almost all Volunteers
are at least 21 years old).
- Possess skills and experience requested by Peace
Corps host countries.
- Must meet Peace Corps medical and legal requirements.
- The first step is to contact your local recruiter.
The easiest way to do that is to call Peace Corps at 1-800-424-8580 and follow the instructions to be connected to your local recruiting office – OR – apply online.
Review articles in the Applicant category of our site.
Peace Corps’ Statement on Diversity
“An organization that represents America should be representative of America. The diversity of the American people is a large part of what makes America the country it is. Diversity of ethnic backgrounds, life experiences, and beliefs have strengthened our country in countless ways. And because the Peace Corps shares with the rest of the world our most precious resource — our people — it can carry out its mission only if the Volunteer corps truly represents America in all its diversity. …[more]