Jopara (Paraguay) Mission Statement
November 29, 2011 2 Comments
- PCV Paraguay
Jopara is a committee organized by Peace Corps Paraguay Volunteers interested in supporting diversity within the Volunteer community and strengthening contacts with diversity interest groups in Paraguay. The USA is a diverse place, and we feel that it is important for this multiplicity to be represented and supported amongst Volunteers.
Among our objectives are:
- To provide a support network for Volunteers to discuss the challenges of living and serving in Paraguay while reflecting the diverse face of the USA. Jopara intends to provide support for Volunteers who identify with a range of situations regarding, but not limited to: ability, age, chemical dependency, dietary restrictions, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, marital status, physical/emotional health, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
- To create a safe space for Volunteers struggling with limitations and challenges due to their diverse identity where they can express themselves freely and obtain necessary resources.
- To provide resources and information on in-country diversity interest groups.
- To serve as a resource to Peace Corps Paraguay staff and Volunteers in regards to training and sensitivity issues.
- To provide resources to Volunteers who want to educate themselves or their community about diversity in Paraguay, the USA, and the world at large.
- To identify and remove all barriers, whether institutional, attitudinal or behavioral, to the full and meaningful participation of diverse Volunteers.
For more information or a PCV Paraguay contact email firstname.lastname@example.org